Sunday, December 7, 2014

Historical Photos Found!

Long story short, I have been able to track down the grandchildren of John and Ruth Cushing who actually have old pictures of the house AND pictures of the family in the living room!  This was the greatest birthday and Christmas gift all in one!  With a little PhotoShop editing I sent them off to a printing company and received them in time to frame them and hang them up for Thanksgiving.

Without further ado... here they are,  hoping some other photos turn up in the future!

The house at 215 North Main St. as it appeared in 1911.
This is the front of the photo

The photo was turned into a Post Card, I'm thinking that
Mrs. B.B.Perkins may have lived at 215 in at some time in the past.
The house may be older than I thought

The Cushing Family: Sarah, Whitney, Billy and Ruth


    The Cushing boys: Whitney, Billy and John    

 

The family in front of the Fireplace. This is a Bacharach photo.


John Cushing: Editor for the St Albans Messenger

The house as it appeared in the 1930s

The living room at 215 North Main.  I always wished
I had a time machine, this is the next best thing!

1 comment: